Album: Ergo Phizmiz, Things to Do & Make (Care In The Community)
Sunday 08 August 2010
Previously a composer of experimental electronica, Ergo Phizmiz has acquired some stellar supporters in his decade-long career: John Peel, Michael Nyman, Matt Groening.
He's been compared, furthermore, to Chris Morris, the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and Frank Sidebottom. On his first "pop" album, he only fleetingly merits that billing. Singing daft songs about monkeys and hotels in a Noël Coward voice against boings and pings, it's the kind of odd-for-oddness'-sake stuff that children will love but adults will find trying.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
The magicians using online collaboration to push boundaries
lifeIt takes year-long dedication to get Selfridges ready for 25 December. And they're already working on plans for 2015...
Jennifer Lawrence attacks mass media again over body image
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Ian Watkins: Paedophile Lostprophets singer sentenced to 35 years for child sex offences, as judge labels him a 'dangerous sexual predator'
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber announces he's 'retiring from music'
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile
- < Previous
- Next >