Album: Evelyn Evelyn, Evelyn Evelyn (Eleven)
Sunday 04 April 2010
If you thought every human story had already been told in pop, you were almost right. Evelyn Evelyn are conjoined twins Lyn and Eva Neville of Kansas.
At least, that's the official version, but – disappointingly – they are actually fictional characters, "played" by Dresden Doll Amanda Palmer and Brechtian busker Jason Webley. If this sounds like a sick joke, fear not: their cabaret-meets-country autobiography is executed with empathy, humaneness and a dark wit embodied by the song title "You Only Want Me Cos You Want My Sister".
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
To mark Tolstoy's 186th birthdaybooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Thailand deaths: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Scottish independence: Ireland since 1919 is a lesson for Scotland in what a Yes vote means
- 3 Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
- 4 John Travolta addresses former pilot's gay romance allegations publicly for the first time
- 5 Kanye West stops concert after two fans don't stand up - doesn't realise one is in wheelchair and the other disabled
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly