Album: Evelyn Evelyn, Evelyn Evelyn (Eleven)
Sunday 04 April 2010
If you thought every human story had already been told in pop, you were almost right. Evelyn Evelyn are conjoined twins Lyn and Eva Neville of Kansas.
At least, that's the official version, but – disappointingly – they are actually fictional characters, "played" by Dresden Doll Amanda Palmer and Brechtian busker Jason Webley. If this sounds like a sick joke, fear not: their cabaret-meets-country autobiography is executed with empathy, humaneness and a dark wit embodied by the song title "You Only Want Me Cos You Want My Sister".
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 2 Pub landlord captures moment customer falls over on CCTV – just like Del Boy did on Only Fools and Horses
- 3 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
- 4 Frankie Boyle on Scottish independence: 'In the Interests of Unity, F**k Off'
- 5 How to gain confidence and maximise your sexual potential
Penny Dreadful, series 2 episode 1, review: It is still gloriously silly
Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to replace Jeremy Clarkson and co
Eurovision 2015: What date and time is the song contest and who are the favourites to win?
Game of Thrones, season 5 episode 4, review: Sansa in danger of becoming another footnote in Westeros' bloody history
Noel Gallagher 'cannot wait' to hear Oasis-inspired One Direction album but rants about 'pointless' Tidal and Spotify