Album: Fredo Viola, The Turn (Because Music)
Sunday 15 March 2009
An artist for our times, Fredo Viola's "cluster" videos went viral and led to an as-yet-unreleased collaboration with Massive Attack.
But can Viola's blending of "21st-century electronics and the human voice" fare so well when separated from the "multimedia visuals"? (And will it ever be possible to talk about his music without all that quote-unquote finger flexing?) Such questions are largely answered by The Turn, an often glorious album that imagines the Beach Boys as Gregorian chanters with Brian Eno at the helm.
Pick of the Album: The a cappella 'pom pira pom'-tastic 'The Turn'
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >