Album: Jennifer Hudson, I Remember Me (Arista)
Sunday 24 April 2011
If the tragic events of Hudson's life don't need spelling out, then neither do the reasons why she's called her comeback album "I Remember Me".
The opening lines are "I've been through some things / Please don't hold that against me", and the themes are succeeding through adversity. Sadly, the Showgirls star is no Alicia Keys (who contributes three songs), and while she unquestionably has a voice, the material's nothing you'll want to remember.
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
Arts & Ents blogs
Downton Abbey Christmas special trailer released
Norman Rockwell’s 'Saying Grace' tops record week of art auction sales in US
Metallica play Antarctica: What other bizarre gigs have musicians played?
The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >