Album: Lady Antebellum, Need You Now (Capitol/Parlophone)
Sunday 02 May 2010
Country music sanitised, buffed, autotuned and Fleetwood Mac'd to within an inch of its life, and not in a good way.
Lady A are a mixed-gender trio of such lacquered cynicism that it makes one blush even to listen. We get contrived blue-sky attitudinising masquerading as blue-collar values and the American duh-ream enacted as a nightmare of sanctimony, in which loving tenderness registers as form of strategy and religion is an attack dog on a chain. Currently mega in the US. Genuinely repulsive.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
- 5 German man found living with 300 rats in tiny apartment
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture