Album: Les Triaboliques, Rivermudtwilight (World Village)
Sunday 04 October 2009
Ben Mandelson, Lu Edmonds and Justin Adams aren't household names, but these three distinguished strummers of all things stringed have, between them, collaborated with numerous rock and world acts over the past three decades.
Now, with their egos on hold, they've produced a quirky, genre-crossing gaggle of songs which touch on everything from the lowest-slung desert blues to the most restrained English folk. It's not 100 per cent convincing but the best tracks are worth paying money for.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 If I were Prime Minister: I'd give tax cuts to the rich, keep Trident, and get my football team wrong
- 2 Top Gear: Jodie Kidd, Philip Glenister and Guy Martin 'in advanced talks' to join show
- 3 General Election 2015: 14-year-old boy asks Nick Clegg – 'can you kill Katie Hopkins?'
- 4 University student in court for allegedly covering housemates' food in window cleaner and spit
- 5 Garland shooting: Isis claims attack on Prophet Mohamed cartoon contest in Texas as its first action on US soil
In defence of liberal democracy
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
General election live: SNP suspends two members for disrupting Labour rally
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils
Andy McSmith's Sketch: Feisty audience is the real star of an enlightening show