Album: Lightspeed Champion, Life Is Sweet, Nice to Meet You (Domino)
Sunday 14 February 2010
"Now you're happy...", sings Devonte Hynes, gritting his teeth with dignity as his old love finds someone new, "and that's lovely..." But he won't let it go.
"I saw us in 20 years' time..." he adds, twisting the knife in his own heart. To bare your soul like this takes testicles, and the former Test Icicle comes equipped. The second Lightspeed Champion has a more expansive (expensive?) production than the first. Hynes is shaping up as a British Adam Green: not a genius, but a nice guy who's mastered the knack of emoting without being an emo ting.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 4 Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
- 5 Ross Burden dead: MasterChef and Ready Steady Cook star dies at age 45 after suffering from cancer
Best TV shows on Netflix: 26 series to binge on
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
Best movies on Netflix UK and US: 32 films that will end your endless scrolling
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Coolio has sold his soul to Pornhub
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >