Album: Lil Wayne, I Am Not A Human Being (Island)
Friday 15 October 2010
Originally planned as an EP, I Am Not A Human Being has been bulked up to album length presumably to compensate for the extended wait occasioned by Lil Wayne's current incarceration before the promised Tha Carter IV arrives.
It's a perfunctory affair, further fragmented on my download version by the muting of Wayne's stream of expletives, which renders large parts of it unintelligible. Of the rest, the best tracks are those which pair Wayne with his protegé Drake, especially the single Right Above It, whose anthemic descending synth riff is bolstered by triumphal horn fanfares; the boudoir soul number With You, on which Wayne exults how "she caught me like the common cold"; and Gonorrhea, a less welcome infection, whose staccato electro twitch perhaps reflects the resulting unpleasant itch.
DOWNLOAD THIS Right Above It; With You; Gonorrhea
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Huawei Mate S and Huawei Watch: new products take on iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch
- 2 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 3 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 4 Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
- 5 German police forced to ask public to stop bringing donations for refugees arriving by train
The real reason Eddie Redmayne was cast as a trans woman in The Danish Girl
JK Rowling announces Harry Potter's son is starting at Hogwarts
Idris Elba is ‘too street’ to play 007, says James Bond author
Akram Khan: Choreographer says dance is 'as important as maths and being a doctor'
Common words you're probably misusing: From 'enormity' to 'ultimately', 'gambit' to 'fortuitous'
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches – it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up