Album: Marvin Gaye, Trouble Man (Expanded Edition) (Motown)
Sunday 03 February 2013
It's a three-horse race in the blaxploitation movie soundtrack music stakes, between Superfly, Shaft and this fella, and this fella might, arguably, push Superfly to the line.
Trouble Man does not contain Marvin's greatest work, but it does pulsate with funky orchestrated soul of great sophistication. This edition weds the original album to the "original film score" and out-takes. Bitty but fascinating, from "Crap Game" to "Getting Pete".
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scientists create transparent mouse complete with see-through organs
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- 5 Amazonian Indian tribe filmed making contact with Brazil village in rare video footage
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >