Album: Mick Hucknall, American Soul (Warner Bros)
The former Simply Red frontman has picked his favourite songs to massacre, sorry, cover for his debut solo album.
And they run the gamut from cheesy to cheesier with Hucknall managing to make every song sound impressively dated. Expect to hear him crooning away to "I Only Have Eyes for You" on your next schmaltz-FM soundtracked taxi ride home at 3am. The low point is his lounge-singer interpretation of Etta James's "I'd Rather Go Blind". I'd rather go deaf.
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality