Album: N-Dubz, Love. Live. Life (All Around the World/Island)
Friday 26 November 2010
As with much American R&B, N-Dubz's songs on Love.Live.Life tend to circle around the soap opera of their lives in the glass bowl of showbiz.
And while they may not have the headline problems of a Whitney or Cheryl to deal with, the little problems are starting to itch. "Best Behaviour" deals with the contrast between the acclaim experienced onstage, and the loneliness felt when the curtain falls, while elsewhere the fallout from the casual liaisons celebrated in "Toot It and Boot It" comes home to roost in "Took It All Away". But it's fairly predictable fare, from the furious slagging of an unnamed rival in "Skit" to the assertions of multi-platform ubiquity in "Scream My Name". The best piece here is "So Alive", blessed with an ebullient bonhomie which, despite the lingering attitude, proves engagingly infectious.
DOWNLOAD THIS So Alive; Best Behaviour; Toot It and Boot It
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: The myth of Hamas’s human shields
- 4 Amy Winehouse unpublished 2004 interview: ‘Ten years from now I’ll be 30, so I’ll maybe have one baby’
- 5 Dutch paedophile club to fight their ban at the European Court of Human Rights
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains