Album: Neil Young, Dreamin' Man Live '92 (Reprise/WEA)
Sunday 13 December 2009
Harvest Moon album done solo and acoustically (guitar and piano) in front of an attentively reverent audience.
You can almost hear the sound of nodding. It’s a committed performance and Young sings with familiar withering inelegance, but it has to be said that, denuded of their tasteful studio arrangements, not all of the songs stand up well to this kind of exposure. Hippie romanticism needs to keep its threads on, man. Naked, its basic triteness is horribly pale and shiversome. For Young fanatics only.
Robin Thicke admits he didn't write 'Blurred Lines'music
Review: Cilla, ITV TV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Watch X Factor's Chloe Jasmine Whichello in her first 2006 audition: 'She's every parent's worst nightmare'
Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea's 'Booty' music video is just a load of butts
Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
The Beatles biographer reveals exclusive original manuscripts of some of the best pop songs ever written
Friends 20th anniversary: The highs and lows of the cast's careers since 2004
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Russia freezes Ukraine into submission: Kiev admits country doesn't have enough fuel for winter
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God
Portuguese academic says British are 'filthy, violent and drunk'