Album: Oh No Ono
Sunday 13 January 2008
Oh No Ono, who presumably took their name from the audience's reaction when John Lennon pitched up onstage at The Rolling Stones' Rock and Roll Circus, are five men from Denmark who sound like Sparks on speed. Their combination of electronically assisted helium falsetto and skittish synth melodies also invokes the jouissance of Tin Tin's "Kiss Me", the saucy squelch of Prince circa 'Dirty Mind' and the E-numbers exuberance of Bis. When they stop for a second and give the hyper-hyper energy a breather, as they do on "Sunshine and Rain At Once", they sound as magical as a childhood Christmas. Yes, indeed.
Download this: For the girl with everything: "Keeping Warm In Cold Country"
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Pro-Russian rebel 'admits to shooting down plane'
- 2 Louis van Gaal gets tough with Manchester United players, with Darren Fletcher and Luke Shaw berated in public and Phil Jones left looking bemused
- 3 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 4 Peaches Geldof inquest: Tragic final moments of socialite's life reveal she lied to husband about failed heroin tests
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
What are the worst 'Word Crimes'?
Hercules, review: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson takes centre stage in preposterous film
Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
Noel Fielding's 'Luxury Comedy': A land of the outright bizarre
Can Secret Cinema sell 80,000 'Back to the Future' tickets?
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia