Album: Pajama Club, Pajama Club (Lester/EMI)
So this is what mum and dad get up to in the garage when the kids have flown the nest.
Pajama Club is effectively Neil Finn in Jack White mode, taking the drum seat in a goth-pop combo co-fronted by his missus, Sharon, whose bass anchors the grooves behind Sean Donnelly's keyboard parts. Opener "Tell Me What You Want" typifies the trio's garage-rock style, with Sharon oozing sultry Alison Lockhart-style come-on vocals over Donnelly's throbbing synth line; The Kills comparison extends further in the itchy, shuffling "Can't Put It Down Until It Ends", with Johnny Marr adding guitar to the juddering organ while the Finns swap lines. But despite the propulsive energy sustained throughout, some tracks lack focus: "From a Friend to a Friend" struggles to punch its weight. But it's a pleasant enough diversion
DOWNLOAD THIS: Tell Me What You Want; Can't Put It Down Until It Ends
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
- 1 'He was lucky he didn't die' - George Michael fell out of speeding car onto M1 motorway, according to eye witness
- 2 Gay couple beaten in park urge MPs to moderate language on gay marriage
- 3 After woman sells virginity for $780,000, here are the results of our prostitution survey
- 4 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 5 'It was just like the movie Twister': Man survives Oklahoma tornado by taking refuge in horse stall
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.