Album: Pink Martini, Joy to the World (Wrasse)
Sunday 19 December 2010
The winter festival as a pan-global experience of softness, pinkness and fluffy sentiment, with strings, tinkly bells and jazzy guitars everywhere to be wondered at like movie snow.
The stars of what is very much a show are China Forbes and the Japanese diva Saori Yuki. They tackle "White Christmas" in both languages, but we are also addressed in Chinese, Hebrew, German and Arabic. "Santa Baby" comes with ba-ba-booms included. Pluff! A powder-puff collision of cuteness and earnestness.
Filming to begin on two new series due to be aired on Dave from next year
TVBBC hopes latest Danish import will spell success
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Which country would be hardest to invade?
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Royal baby girl born: Duchess of Cambridge's second child will be a princess thanks to Queen
Over 50,000 families shipped out of London boroughs in the past three years due to welfare cuts and soaring rents
EU asylum policy is 'a direct threat to our civilisation', says Nigel Farage
The Rothschild Libel: Why has it taken 200 years for an anti-Semitic slur that emerged from the Battle of Waterloo to be dismissed?
General Election 2015: SNP and its activists 'openly racist' towards the English, Farage says
General Election 2015: UK will be 'run for the wealthy and powerful' if Tories retain power, Labour warns
Schools forced to act as 'miniature welfare states' with teachers buying underwear and even haircuts for poor pupils