Album: Punkt, Crime Scenes (Jazzland)
Sunday 12 June 2011
Composers / programmers / producers Erik Honore and Jan Bang, who assisted Arve Henriksen on the superb Cartography, plough a similar furrow for Crime Scenes.
Henriksen plays trumpet and David Sylvian intones verse once again; there are three vocals by Sidsel Endresen and Nils Peter Molvaer blows his own trumpet on two tracks. At its best this is so far ahead of the game that everyone else sounds last century. Then some aimless noodling makes you gnash your teeth.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >