Album review: Various Artists, Who's That Man: A Tribute to Conny Plank (Grönland)
The late Conny Plank turned out to be the right man in the right place at the right time to help midwife krautrock – to enable that era's experimental innocence to bear such disparate fruit, from early Kraftwerk, Neu! and Cluster recordings, to interested parties like Eno, Eurythmics and Ultravox.
Among other things, as Moebius & Plank's “Conditionierer” demonstrates, he was a crucial component in the creation of the classic krautrock motorik beat associated with Neu!. This engrossing 4CD set features two discs of Conny's productions, alongside a disc of remixes by such as Fujiya & Miyagi, and a fourth disc of his final live recording, with Moebius and Arno Steffen in Mexico in 1987.
Download: Conditionierer; Leb Wohl; Broken Head; Feuerland
Arts & Ents blogs
I’ve not heard many bands that had quite the same kick as Pendulum did. Their unbelievable fusion of...
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
- 1 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 2 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 3 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Mourinho will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 4 Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill, Government sources warn
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.