Album: Santana, Shape Shifter (Starfaith/Sony)
Sunday 13 May 2012
Caramba! Certainly not Caravanserai.
This is the album you always suspected Carlos had inside him – a meditative programme of instrumental, mid-tempo melodic rock arranged in carpet-warehouse-friendly squares of synthesized harmony and strings. Yes, it is lent colour by its "spiritual" affinities and the occasional outbreak of bongos – but these are passing moments. Mostly it's clichéd Pelion heaped on cheesy Ossa in a mountain range of sickly gestures.
elephant appealThe first 23 lots in our charity auction have now gone. But there are 22 more still up for grabs
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Arts & Ents blogs
Heavy rain and years of 'benign neglect' may have caused Apollo Theatre roof collapse
Christmas TV guide 2013: Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
Justin Bieber isn't retiring from music after all
The Harry Hill Movie, film review: Screenplay isn't so much offbeat as utterly feeble
- 1 Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
- 2 French pub fined €9,000 after customers returned empties to bar - because it's 'undeclared labour'
- 3 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 4 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 5 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- < Previous
- Next >