Album: Semi Precious Weapons, You Love You (Geffen)
Sunday 20 June 2010
Semi Precious Weapons are an outrageously flamboyant glam-rock quartet from the same NYC scene that spawned Lady Gaga: she used to support them, now they're opening her Monster's Ball jaunt and blowing teeny minds.
Justin Tranter, the supercamp leggy blond who fronts SPW, screams "I can't pay my rent but I'm fucking gorgeous" on track one, and the exuberant fierceness never relents, his Weapons rocking like a real-life Angry Inch across nine trashpunk anthems. The Even Newer York Dolls, anyone?
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Sabina Altynbekova, the girl branded 'too good looking' for volleyball, says social media obsession with her is a 'bit much'
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
Led Zeppelin to release alternative Stairway To Heaven after 43 years
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
Guardians of the Galaxy review: A superficial and half-hearted Marvel film
Great British Bake Off 2014 contestants revealed: Meet the baker's dozen
R Kelly 'dropped' from Ohio music festival following backlash
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >