Album: Snoop Dog, Mailce N Wonderland (Priority)
Sunday 13 December 2009
Recently appointed creative chairman of Priority Records, Snoop is, in his words, "tha Dogg Father" of the West Coast rap scene.
The label’s first release since the appointment is this.Maybe he’s spinning toomany plates, but for too much of MNW he’s on autopilot. His slinky flow is intact, but he spends too long re -affirming his down-withthe- hood credentials. Or acting the mentor to newcomers. “Special”, which reunites Snoop with Pharrell and picks up where “Beautiful” left off, frankly sucks. Drop it like it’s lukewarm.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
'Phallic symbols' found hidden in famous Pre-Raphaelite painting 'Isabella' by John Everett Millais
Top Gear Burma episode breached Ofcom rules over Jeremy Clarkson's racial slur
Freddie Prinze Jr on 24: 'Kiefer Sutherland was the most unprofessional dude in the world – I hated every moment of it'
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies trailer unveiled at Comic-Con
How did our legends really begin?
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
A new Russian revolution: The cracks are starting to appear in Putin’s Kremlin power bloc
- < Previous
- Next >