Album: Stacie Collins, Sometimes Ya Gotta...(Blue Rose / Rev)
Sunday 16 January 2011
Hard-rockin', trouser-scrunchin' Southern boogie, ridden like a bronco by a young woman in a cowboy hat.
That's the iconography. It was recorded "live", with everyone in the room at the same time. Stacie's yodel cuts through the wall of guitars like a diamond through aluminium, which tells you everything about the auditory concept.
The songs (when they're good) are obtusely witty, indeed as bluntly instrumental as the boogie which supports them. Sweat is widespread.
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Skyfall's Ben Whishaw confirmed for Freddie Mercury film
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Downton Abbey Christmas special 2013: New pictures released
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
Emma Stone: 'Dating Andrew Garfield makes living in LA a lot less fun'
Katie Hopkins mocks name of sick girl Kaychanel featured in X Factor charity appeal
- 1 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >