Album: Stealing Sheep, Into the Diamond Sun (Heavenly Recordings)
You can't move for Wicker-Man-soundtrack-influenced bands these days, but when these three Liverpool lasses let their freak-folk flag fly their abandon is contagious.
Their voices are great, which helps, but it's the unexpected instrumentation that really seals the deal. Into the Diamond Sun sounds like CocoRosie with medieval bells on. By the end, even if some of the eccentricity feels a little forced, you'll forgive them anything.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 5 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
'Women only' train carriages: Jeremy Corbyn unveils radical move to tackle public harassment
Black holes are a passage to another universe, says Stephen Hawking
Iain Duncan Smith 'should resign over disability benefit death figures', says Jeremy Corbyn
Stock up on canned food for stock market crash, warns former Gordon Brown adviser
Labour leadership: Jeremy Corbyn voters most likely to believe 'world is controlled by a secretive elite'