Album: Stevie Nicks, In Your Dreams (Warner)
The caprine warble of solo Steve Nicks has broken its silence after 10 years to explore the idea that nothing lasts forever, especially in affairs of the heart.
In her comeback single, "Secret Love" – originally written for the Rumours sessions in 1976 – Nicks touchingly pleads "I'm not asking for forever from you/ I just want to be held for a while". It's a theme she returns to again and again here. There are also typically romantic references to maidens, Camelot and kingdoms by the sea, and the supernatural looms large. The one bum note is "Cheaper Than Free", a slightly naff, lachrymose pedal-steel duet with producer Dave Stewart. Which is a shame, because Stewart's unfussy, country-flavoured production is the perfect backing for Stevie to do what she does best, namely bleat like a goat in heat.
Arts & Ents blogs
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
Fela Kuti, Jewish food and The Great Gatsby are just some of the reasons why the rainy weather ahead...
Sat in a hotel lobby amidst a music conference in Aarhus around 4am in is a great way to argue, and ...
- 1 Stoke City investigate 'religious abuse' after 'pig's head is found in Kenwyne Jones' locker'
- 2 Gove’s lesson: spare the comma, spoil the child
- 3 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 4 Grace Dent on TV: Extreme Couponing, My Strange Addiction, and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, TLC
- 5 Join Ryanair! See the world! But we'll only pay you for nine months a year
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.