Album: Susana and the Magical Orchestra, 3 (Rune Grammofon)
Sunday 23 August 2009
Karen Carpenter meetsJoy Division in gothicsynth-pop heaven. Thecult Norwegian duo'sthird album more thanupholds their excellentstandards while offeringa further twist to the tale:a full conversion tobeyond-the-pale 1980skeyboard sounds.
Notall the 10 songs hereare equally good but atits best – "Recall","Someday", "Palpatine'sDream", a beautifulcover of Roy Harper's"Another Day" – thisis truly awe-inspiringmusic, provoking deepthoughts and sublimefeelings.
Final Top Gear reviewTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 BBC told new political editor must be 'impartial' with Nick Robinson reportedly stepping down
- 2 Humans of New York image of crying gay teen receives best response yet from Ellen DeGeneres
- 3 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 4 Motorists taunt suicidal woman on bridge and tell her to 'get on with it'
- 5 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
Church of Scientology allegedly sent threatening letters to film distributors and festivals showing damning documentary
This is surely the best way to watch Jaws
James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
Chris Moyles reportedly set to make radio comeback with new breakfast show on XFM
Contemporary art is a fraud, says top dealer
More Britons believe that multiculturalism makes the country worse - not better, says poll
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture