Album: Tera Melos, Patagonian Rats (Sargent House)
Sunday 07 November 2010
Google "Patagonian rat" and you mostly get pictures of people smoking weed.
No surprise, then, that there's a certain stoner sensibility to the music of Tera Melos. The trio of Nick Reinhart, Nathan Latona and John Clardy have been knocking around since 2004 and their second album proper is another slice of math-rock meets psych-pop featuring time signatures that almost seem random to the unattuned ear. Listen closely, however, and they know exactly what they're doing.
tv Review: Miranda Hart and co deliver the festive goods
tvReview: Older generation get hot under the collar this Christmas
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Exclusive: Abusers using spyware apps to monitor partners reaches 'epidemic proportions'
- 2 Margaret Thatcher 'expressed fears of Asian rising' at Anglo-Irish summit in 1984
- 3 Sussex couple die in suspected Christmas Day 'suicide pact'
- 4 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 5 The Unluckiest People of the Year 2014 (and one very unlucky giraffe)
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk
BBC director Danny Cohen: Rising UK antisemitism makes me feel more uncomfortable than ever
Katie Hopkins speaks out on childhood obesity: 'Parents of fat children should be prosecuted for child cruelty'