Album: The Beach Boys, That's Why God Made the Radio (EMI)
For Beach Boys fans, hope constantly triumphs over experience: we keep hoping they'll make another Pet Sounds, but we know they're only likely to make another 20/20 or Wild Honey, at best.
Brian Wilson's return as creative mainspring meant hopes were especially high for That's Why God Made The Radio, but again, it's pitifully thin stuff, with far too many nostalgic hankerings, none of them as hypnotically potent as “Do It Again”, and some, like “Spring Vacation”, insultingly lazy: “We're back together/Easy money, ain't life funny”. “From There to Back Again” and “Summer's Gone” are the saving graces.
Download: From There to Back Again; Summer's Gone
tvSteven Moffat reveals the actor was dying to take on the role of the Time Lord and says he is excited to see what he will do with the character
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Sir Ian McKellen hits back at Damian Lewis' 'fruity actor' claims
- 4 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >