Album: The Dogbones, The Dogbones (Buzzsaw Records)
Sunday 14 November 2010
Though the band photo on the back clearly depicts assorted members of Daisy Chainsaw and QueenAdreena, the aliases they adopt in the booklet – and the absence of references to the past in the press release – suggest the Dogbones wish to be appreciated on their own merits.
And they deserve that. Nomi Leonard's noisy quintet play a seductively scuzzy, drum-heavy mix of ramshackle voodoo rock, chaotic glam-punk and shouty grrl music. Imagine the Glitter Band fronted by Lydia Lunch and you're not far off.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Stall talk: The arcane rules of chit-chat that take place in the gents'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Nelson Mandela life story: An unconquerable spirit
- 3 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 From 'terrorist' to tea with the Queen