Album: The Dogbones, The Dogbones (Buzzsaw Records)
Sunday 14 November 2010
Though the band photo on the back clearly depicts assorted members of Daisy Chainsaw and QueenAdreena, the aliases they adopt in the booklet – and the absence of references to the past in the press release – suggest the Dogbones wish to be appreciated on their own merits.
And they deserve that. Nomi Leonard's noisy quintet play a seductively scuzzy, drum-heavy mix of ramshackle voodoo rock, chaotic glam-punk and shouty grrl music. Imagine the Glitter Band fronted by Lydia Lunch and you're not far off.
Game of Thrones
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Moscow voted the world's unfriendliest city
- 2 The excuses your boss is most likely to believe when you call in sick
- 3 I'm pansexual – here are the five biggest misconceptions about my sexuality
- 4 More than 11,000 Icelanders offer to house Syrian refugees to help European crisis
- 5 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
Climate change: 2015 will be the hottest year on record 'by a mile', experts say
Senior British politicians tell David Cameron: When dead children are being washed up on beaches, it's time to act
Jeremy Corbyn calls Osama bin Laden's killing a 'tragedy' - but was it taken out of context?
If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don’t change Europe’s attitude to refugees, what will?
If you're not already angry about the refugee crisis, here's a history lesson to remind you why you really should be
Theresa May says migrants should be banned from entering the UK unless they have jobs lined up