Album: The Futureheads, The Chaos (Nul Records)
Sunday 25 April 2010
"5-4-3-2-1... on your marks!" This is the up-and-at-'em statement of intent with which the Futureheads kick off their fourth album.
Released on their own label, it's tougher than anything the Mackem quartet have released so far, but their trademark jerky tempo-twists and close four-part harmonies remain intact. The most enjoyable moments arise when these rock Roundheads disrupt their own musical puritanism: as on "Sun Goes Down", which plots a midway point between Pat Benatar and the Clash.
Swedish stars ask fans for £195 pledges on crowd-funding website
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
X Factor winners: Where are they now?
Dancing on Ice 2014 line-up revealed
Ben Whishaw to play Freddie Mercury in Dexter Fletcher film
Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat: Peter Capaldi is worlds away from Malcolm Tucker
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial sign language interpreter was a 'fake'
- 2 It’s shameful that our universities have accepted gender segregation under pressure from the most oppressive religious fanatics
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Exeter to Edinburgh and back in a day: How one fresher's lost bet left him facing a 900-mile round trip
- 5 Selfie at funeral: Cameron squeezes in on Obama snap at Mandela memorial
- < Previous
- Next >