Album: The Lemonheads, Hotel Sessions (Hall Of Records)
Sunday 08 January 2012
Evan Dando says he'd always wanted to make an album for $53 ($50 Walkman, $3 tape), and one Sunday night in 1992 or 1993 – he can't remember which – in a hotel room in Bondi, Australia, he did it.
HS consists of 13 acoustic versions of songs – complete with tape hiss and spoken intros – many of which would become some of the band's best known, but two of which never saw the light of day. A charming companion piece to The Best of... that's out next week.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’
Emergency data law: David Cameron plots to bring back snoopers’ charter
NUT strike: David Cameron announces crackdown on strike action ahead of mass industrial action