Album: The Lemonheads, Hotel Sessions (Hall Of Records)
Sunday 08 January 2012
Evan Dando says he'd always wanted to make an album for $53 ($50 Walkman, $3 tape), and one Sunday night in 1992 or 1993 – he can't remember which – in a hotel room in Bondi, Australia, he did it.
HS consists of 13 acoustic versions of songs – complete with tape hiss and spoken intros – many of which would become some of the band's best known, but two of which never saw the light of day. A charming companion piece to The Best of... that's out next week.
Auction house to give away $1m masterpiece in charity raffle - and tickets are only $100 each
Beatles rush out 'bootleg' album to defy EU copyright law
Geoffrey Macnab reviews The Desolation of Smaug - the meat in Peter Jackson's Hobbit sandwich
Harvey Weinstein reveals his secret weapon on-set
Now that an oil trader's drinking has got him sacked, will we all have to make do with an afternoon latte?
Chiwetel Ejiofor and Idris Elba get nods for Best Actor, which no black Brit has ever won
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Nelson Mandela memorial: ‘Bogus’ sign language interpreter made mockery of Barack Obama’s tribute in Soweto
- 2 Mystery of Epping Forest 'big cat' is solved
- 3 French café starts charging extra to rude customers
- 4 Australia: Gay marriage law reversed by high court less than a week after first weddings
- 5 Australia incest case: Severely deformed children found in remote farming community after generations of inbreeding
- < Previous
- Next >