Album: The Lemonheads, Hotel Sessions (Hall Of Records)
Sunday 08 January 2012
Evan Dando says he'd always wanted to make an album for $53 ($50 Walkman, $3 tape), and one Sunday night in 1992 or 1993 – he can't remember which – in a hotel room in Bondi, Australia, he did it.
HS consists of 13 acoustic versions of songs – complete with tape hiss and spoken intros – many of which would become some of the band's best known, but two of which never saw the light of day. A charming companion piece to The Best of... that's out next week.
Artists unveils new exhibition inspired by Hastings beachart
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Apple has installed security backdoors on 600m iPhones and iPads, claims security researcher
- 2 UK pirates will get four warning letters a year
- 3 Fight Club 2: Chuck Palahniuk sequel is a 'meta-fictional comment on the cultural response to the original'
- 4 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 5 Israel-Gaza conflict: Deadly flechette shells 'used by Israeli military in Gaza Strip’
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 crash: 'Nine Britons, 23 Americans and 80 children' feared dead after Boeing passenger jet is 'shot down' near Ukraine-Russia border
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Vladimir Putin is given 'one last chance' to end hostilities in Ukraine
The 'scroungers’ fight back: The welfare claimants battling to alter stereotypes
The truth about conspiracy theories is that some require considering
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Ukrainian military jet was flying close to passenger plane before it was shot down, says Russian officer
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: victims’ bodies bundled in black bags and loaded onto trains