Album: The Mavericks, In Time (Universal/Big Machine)
This accomplished posse of Floridian borderliners have been gone a long time, maybe for good reason. But they're back now, all troubles set aside, and the results are good.
Raul Malo's Orbisonian bel canto tenor is as undiminished as the rest of the band's feel for Tex-Mex-Miami rock 'n' country is still sharp. They are gifted with a kind of shiny formalist flourish, which is great for atmosphere but not for deep reach. And they do it extremely well. Party on.
Arts & Ents blogs
The episode begins with Finn (Cory Monteith) at college, partying and accidentally participating in ...
What a wonderful way to end this momentous series in the 50th year of Doctor Who. From the start of ...
Let's talk book blurbs, those quotes you get, usually from other writers, that are meant to entice y...
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.