Album: The Unthanks, Diversion Vol 2 (Rabble Rouser)
Sunday 29 July 2012
Continuing the sisters' resolute self-documentation, in this case a suite of live performances recorded with the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass Band.
Yes, that lot. And, as you'd expect, the music picks a dainty course between the arty and the folk-twee, and sometimes achieves a kind of stately lift-off into graver realms. The programme comprises pianist Adrian McNally's "Father's Suite" plus a swatch of Trad/Arr stuff, most of it soft on the ear and heart.
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >