Album: The Veronicas, Hook Me Up, (Sire)
Sunday 07 June 2009
The mystique of twins is a resonant trope in popular culture, from the Coens to the Everlys.
It's also a popular porn niche, which may explain the success of The Veronicas (Ayers Rock-sized in Oz, making inroads in the US, now coming this way), a pair of identical 24-year-olds who don't scrub up too badly.
Despite the airbrushed rock-chick look, Lisa and Jessica Origliasso's latest release is closer to the pulsating electro-pop of prime Girls Aloud than to the faux indie of, say, Kelly Clarkson. As shameless semi-manufactured pleasures go, it's half-decent.
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Snoop Dogg and Jared Leto buy a stake in Reddit as A-list invests $50m
- 2 Prince held a Facebook Q&A and this is the only question he answered
- 3 Car tax disc changes: Two days to go - and they affect you much more than just not displaying a piece of paper
- 4 Now we know whose fault it is if you end up being murdered in Thailand
- 5 35,000 walrus gather ashore on north-west Alaska beach 'for a rest'
Exclusive: 'Putin's Russia has been my biggest regret,' says Nato's outgoing Secretary General
The Osborne Ultimatum: Chancellor’s benefits freeze bombshell will affect ten million households
There’s no excuse for Dave Lee Travis’s behaviour, but we need to keep a sense of proportion
Should gay sex be illegal? 16% of Britons think so
Mark Reckless becomes second Tory MP to defect to Ukip in a month
Benefits 'smart cards' plan revealed by Iain Duncan Smith to stop claimants spending welfare money on alcohol
- < Previous
- Next >