Album: The Welcome Wagon Precious Remedies Against Satan's Devices Asthmatic Kitty bbb
Presbyterian pastor Vito Aiuto and his wife Monique's second outing as The Welcome Wagon opens strongly, but ultimately falls prey to the pitfalls of modern country gospelling.
The infectious "I'm Not Fine" is a fine vehicle for the couple's counterpoint harmonies, aired over a piano-driven pulse punctuated with bursts of piercing guitar; and "My God, My God, Pts 1 & 2" is a suitably epic arrangement of piano, horns and chorale. But thereafter, they develop a touch of the trendy vicars, the tone vacillating unhappily between plodding and sententious ("The Strife Is O'er" and Samuel Medley's "I Know That My Redeemer Lives") and irritatingly happy-clappy ("Rice and Beans (But No Beans)" and "God Be with You Til We Meet Again").
Download: My God, My God, Pts 1 & 2; I'm Not Fine; My Best Days
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election