Album: Thee Faction, At Ebbw Vale (Soviet Beret)
Thee Faction – note the authentic garage-rock spelling – are an "unpleasant socialist R&B band" from Surrey who claim to have been stranded behind the Iron Curtain in 1985.
At Ebbw Vale purports to have been recorded at the height of the miners' strike, and catches the band, led by the fags'n'lager-voiced Billy Brentford, rudely welding rhetoric to rhythm & booze. With a recession, a services-slashing government and a Royal Wedding in the offing, Thee Faction's "comeback" couldn't be more timely.
Arts & Ents blogs
Owen Howells is a DJ/producer who grew up in Australia but was born in the UK. He came back to the U...
Fancy seeing a play about serial killers? How about inviting a funeral director into your home for a...
There are a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refl...
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.