Album: Tired Pony, The Place We Ran From (Fiction)
Sunday 11 July 2010
Tired of penning consoling-arm-around-your-shoulders Coldplay-esque anthems with Snow Patrol (and hearing "Chasing Cars" on US TV shows, perhaps), Gary Lightbody sought a new "country" direction that reflected his love of Wilco, Smog, Calexico etc. M Ward, Zooey Deschanel and REM's Peter Buck all chip in.
So far, so promising. But the inescapable truth is that if someone told you this was the new Snow Patrol album, you'd believe them. Make of that what you will.
Potter's attempt to create an Essex Taj Mahal was a lovely treattv
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Eurovision 2015: Graham Norton returns with another cutting commentary - his best lines
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Eurovision 2015 winner: Sweden beats Russia and Italy to take the title from Conchita Wurst
- 4 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland