Album: Tony Remy and Bluey
First Protocol – Incognito Guitars (Dome)
Sunday 13 January 2008
Is jazz-fusion a dead form, like plainsong or (whisper it) drum '*' bass? If anyone can revive the soulful end of the cadaver, it should be Bluey Maunick, whose chopping rhythm guitar has driven Brit-funksters Incognito for over a quarter of a century. Partner Tony Remy, a jazz axe-man and film composer, is another eminent fusioneer and their method here is to ground Remy's George Benson/ David T Walker-ish solos against four to the floor beats, housey piano figures and cleverly layered bits and bobs. It's great as a backdrop to exercise or work; how far you can actually listen, however, is open to doubt.
Download this: 'Between My Finger and Thumb': Ronny Jordan for the Noughties
After giving gay film R-rating despite no sex or violencefilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
Jeremy Clarkson 'does not see a problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
The Top Ten: Horrible buildings
JK Rowling writes new Harry Potter story on Pottermore: Introducing 'Singing Sorceress' Celestina Warbuck
Britain's ugliest buildings: Which monstrosities should be nominated for the Dead Prize?
Celebrity Big Brother 2014 line-up: Meet the contestants from Lauren Goodger to Kellie Maloney and Audley Harrison
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women