Album: Various artists, A Complete Introduction to Chess (Chess / Universal)
Sunday 04 July 2010
There aren't many story arcs which begin with Jackie Brenston's "Rocket 88", cruise through a succession of plot developments as brilliant as Howlin' Wolf, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, John Lee Hooker, Bo Diddley, Etta James, Dale Hawkins, Sonny Boy Williamson and, yes, Rotary Connection, and then conclude exactly 100 episodes later with "My Ding-a-Ling".
But that is the cruel bathos of life. The Chess/Cadet/Checker story amounts to four CDs of heaven on earth plus one trip to Chuck Berry's bathroom.
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Labour leadership: New poll shows party is now even 'less electable' than under Ed Miliband
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality