Album: Various artists, Philly Regrooved 3 (Harmless Company)
Saturday 22 June 2013
A third volume of "Philadelphia" hits and non-hits, wrangled at a variety of lengths (but mostly looong) by the original 1970s remixer, Tom Moulton.
Two discs, 18 tracks, this time excavated from outside the box of the Philly International back catalogue itself. William DeVaughn's "Be Thankful…" is a gorgeous case in point, as is the Trammps cataclysmic "Hold Back the Night". Blue Magic, Bettye Swann, The Spinners, and Melba Moore do their best to hold candles.
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
travelFor broadcaster Mishal Husain, a long-haul Club Med holiday was a chance for her family to explore its sense of 'zen' and 'animation'
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
Back in Black (Sabbath): On the comeback trail with Ozzy Osbourne and crew
Back from the dead? Family Guy's Brian Griffin 'to make a comeback' after fan petition
TV to unleash your little monster: The best family viewing
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >