Album: Willy Moon, Here's Willy Moon (Universal/Island)
Saturday 06 April 2013
This 23-year-old Kiwi came to prominence soundtracking the advert for the latest iPod, and is just as sleek a product: a Brylcreemed dandy who jazzes up old-school rock'n'roll pastiche with scratches, samples and hip-hop breakbeats.
It's gimmicky, sure, but also pretty irresistible: his rasping vocals hit all the right louche notes, and the sub-three-minute tunes have a short, sharp impact that justifies the support he's received from Jack White.
Review: A panoramic account of the hacking scandalbooks
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 4 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 5 Now diplomacy has failed, boycotting Israel might be the only way we can protect the people of Gaza
Game of Thrones actress begs for 'other princess work' after Myrcella Baratheon part is recast
The Walking Dead season 5 will see deaths of 'favourite characters', hints Andrew Lincoln
Palestinian artists transform smoke-filled Gaza into symbol of resistance
Star Wars 7: Plot details 'leak', with sequel's opening sequence and premise revealed
Big Bang Theory: Filming delayed by contract disputes over actors' pay
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
- < Previous
- Next >