Album: Yuck, Yuck (Mercury / Fat Possum)
Sunday 20 February 2011
In the early 1990s, when US guitar rock was at its high watermark, Yuck weren't born.
North Londoners Daniel Blumberg and Max Bloom (alumni of Cajun Dance Party) are recreating a period they never knew. A commendable pastiche without anything notable, Yuck channel the hazy, fuzz-pedal driven sound of Dinosaur Jr, Buffalo Tom and all. For anyone who lived through grunge, this is mere nostalgia. Anyone who didn't is advised to go straight to the source.
Arts & Ents blogs
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home
Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow