DVD: Kylie, KylieX2008 , (Fremantle Media)
Sunday 04 January 2009
The Minogue machine has been responsible for more moments of pure pop genius this decade than any other.
'KylieX2008' catches the ageless Aussie in her element: an arena spectacular that's high on state-of-the-art dazzle and low on cheese.
Musical director Steve Anderson deserves credit for a seamless set which blends New Order, Gainsbourg and Gwen McCrae into Kylie's catalogue, as does Jean-Paul Gaultier for costumery which draws on everything from fetish to cheerleader to geisha.
Film Leonardo DiCaprio hunts Tom Hardy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Labour rallies behind Flint as deputy leader to offset a Corbyn win
- 2 Katie Hopkins reveals fear she will die during brain surgery to cure epilepsy
- 3 The difference between a psychopath and a sociopath
- 4 Dutch King Willem-Alexander declares the end of the welfare state
- 5 'Cool kids' can go on to become losers in later life, study finds
Yvette Cooper: Our choice is years of Tory rule under Jeremy Corbyn – or a return to a Labour government
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Calais crisis: The seven claims made about the migrants - and the reality
Calais crisis: For desperate migrants it is 'England or death' as they brave dogs, riot police and speeding trains