Ios album review: Moskus, Salmesykkel (Hubro)
Sunday 02 December 2012
Let's get the linguistic problems out of the way first. This moose-related piano trio from Trondheim, Norway, whose album title translates (loosely?) as "Hymn Bicycle", have a bright, playful style that combines a little groove with a lot of serious sentience.
Pianist Anja Lauvdal comes across as a real talent, with an unshowy yet structurally alert approach, heard to great effect in the catchy opening title track. Things get chewier later on.
Is the comedy album making a comeback?comedy
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 2 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 3 Is Ebola coming to Britain? UK health officials issue warning to doctors as outbreak fears grow
- 4 Richard Dawkins says 'date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse' on Twitter
- 5 Danish TV reporter is all business up top, all party down below
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
- < Previous
- Next >