La Yegros, Viene De Mi (Waxploitation Records/ ZZK)
Saturday 08 June 2013
Cumbia’s elastic swing makes it a difficult fit with programmed beats.
But Argentinian newcomer La Yegros gets it right, as she does her contemporary take on tango. Her precise, even strident, vocals effortlessly dominate proceedings, and the presence of the accordion – and the even humbler melodica – ensure that, while there’s an embracing of urban hip-hop brutalism, the music retains a quirky humanity and good humour. Fun and funky.
film Sex scene trailer sees a shirtless Jamie Dornan turn up the heat
Maisie Williams single-handedly rises to the challengeTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Woman falls to her death as she celebrates marriage proposal at the edge of Ibiza cliff
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Dad attempts revenge on teenage daughter, plan backfires spectacularly
- 5 Ball pool for adults opens in London
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
Greece elections: Syriza and EU on collision course after election win for left-wing party
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
King Abdullah dead: We can't afford not to hold Saudi Arabia's royals to account