Sade set to launch world tour April 29
Tuesday 26 April 2011
Sade, led by British smooth soul vocalist Sade Adu, is set to launch a tour through Europe, the UK, and North America beginning April 29 in Nice, France.
After playing Nice, the band will hit 16 other cities on the continent before heading to Dublin on May 25, followed by a string of shows in the UK. The North American leg of the tour, featuring American recording artist John Legend and Sade's first tour in the region in 10 years, begins in Baltimore on June 16, followed by 44 scheduled gigs, including stops in Toronto, Montreal, Chicago, and Los Angeles.
The band's new 28-track two-disc collection, The Ultimate Collection, is set to drop May 2 in the UK and May 3 in the US. Last week Sade released a remix single from the album, "The Moon & the Sky" featuring rap star Jay-Z.
The group's 2010 album Soldier of Love, their sixth studio release, peaked at number one in 13 countries and earned a Grammy Award.
Tickets for the North American shows can be purchase via http://www.ticketmaster.com and http://www.livenation.com. To find out more and to purchase tickets for the European tour, visit: http://www.sade.com
To hear the remix featuring Jay-Z: http://lifeandtimes.com/the-moon-and-the-sky-remix-feat-jay-z
Watch Sade's "Soldiers of Love": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR5_rTCi-Bo
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
They're back, they're big – and they're still spectacularly boringfilm
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Howard Jacobson: Let’s see the 'criticism' of Israel for what it really is
- 2 Gingers face extinction due to climate change, scientists warn
- 3 Brazil vs Germany World Cup 2014: In defence of Mesut Ozil - the Arsenal midfielder works magic in the shadows
- 4 Pornhub pleads with users to stop uploading videos of Brazil 'getting f**ked by Germany' in the World Cup
- 5 Give childhood back to children: if we want our offspring to have happy, productive and moral lives, we must allow more time for play, not less
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
British jihadist calls for 'flag of Islam' over Downing Street and Buckingham Palace
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
There’s a nasty smell in the political air – and it’s coming from the Tories