Watch Lady Gaga's video for "Alejandro"
Tuesday 08 June 2010
Lady Gaga's latest video, for her single "Alejandro," is posted on the singer's website as of 5pm GMT on June 8.
On July 7, the pop phenomenon confirmed via Twitter that her video was ready for debut, posting: "Premiering Tomorrow, Tuesday the 8th. 9amPST/12pmEST/5pmGMT. GAGAKLEIN: ALEJANDRO. X Mother Monster."
Gaga's previous video premieres - "Paparazzi," "Bad Romance," and "Telephone" - have been much-discussed events, and the "Alejandro" clip is no exception. A still for the video was leaked in mid-May, giving a teaser of what the video would include, and a 30-second preview followed on June 1.
The "Alejandro" video is directed by American fashion photographer Steven Klein, known especially for his work with Madonna.
"Alejandro," the Latin love affair-themed third single from Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster, went to US radio on April 20 and was released internationally as a digital download in May. It has since made the top ten on charts in the US, Canada, Australia, and several European countries.
Watch the video here: http://www.ladygaga.com/alejandro
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
Arts & Ents blogs
The 50 Best Christmas songs: Bells continue to ring for the Pogues' 'Fairytale of New York'
Real-life Philomena says film is not 'anti-Catholic'
Paul Walker: Fast and Furious cast release video tribute to late star
Nymphomaniac trailer shown to children at screening of Disney film Frozen
The top gay icons (straight up!)
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Video: Students 'punched and dragged to the ground by their hair' as police break up demonstration
- 5 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims