Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" continues to be the most popular track among users of Last.fm, the internet radio station that lets users in more than 200 countries listen to music in the site's library. "Bad Romance" boasts 42,265 current listeners, while the pop star's "Poker Face" holds on to second place with 28, 863 listeners for the week ending April 11.
Other top-ten entries include Ke$ha's "TiK ToK," Owl City's "Fireflies," and tracks by MGMT, The xx, and Kings of Leon, all showing little change from the previous weeks.
Meanwhile, Last.fm shows guitarist Slash as the most hyped artist of the week, enjoying a rise in popularity following the release of his self-titled album, which features collaborations with Chris Cornell, Lemmy of Motörhead, Kid Rock, Dave Grohl, and many other artists. The Guns n' Roses guiarist boasts a 1,500% increase in total listeners, who now number 46,053.
Last.fm's top tracks from April 4 to 11:
1. Lady Gaga - "Bad Romance" (42,265 listeners)
2. Lady Gaga - "Poker Face" (28,863 listeners)
3. Ke$ha - "TiK ToK" (28,351 listeners)
4. Owl City - "Fireflies" (26,883 listeners)
5. Lady Gaga - "Paparazzi" (26,259 listeners)
6. MGMT - "Kids" (26,241 listeners) (+1)
7. The xx - "Crystalised" (24,633 listeners) (+1)
8. Lady Gaga - "Telephone" (feat. Beyoncé) (24,424 listeners) (-2)
9. Kings of Leon - "Sex On Fire" (22,581 listeners)
10. MGMT - "Time to Pretend" (22,415 listeners) (+2)
Last.fm claims more than 40 million active users based in more than 200 countries. Available in 12 languages, the site's radio service is free for users in the UK, the US, and Germany; elsewhere, a subscription costs €3.00 per month. Last.fm's charts measure everything its users listen to on the Last.fm website as well as hundreds of other music sites and services, including iTunes, Spotify, and The Hype Machine.