Musicroom, the UK’s leading music retailer, has teamed up with Yamaha to celebrate ‘Back to School’ by giving away £5,000 of musical instruments to one lucky school, along with £1,500 of holiday vouchers for the winning music teacher.
To enter, simply submit 100 words explaining why your teacher should win. The winners will be selected based upon the nominated teacher’s success in inspiring young people to play music.
This competition supports Musicroom’s Back to School campaign, which believes music offers many benefits for children and teachers. Music teachers hold the key to enhancing a child’s learning in school. Importantly, music is also fun and children can learn faster and more effectively when they’re enjoying themselves.
Musicroom has stores nationwide and an online store at www.musicroom.com
Terms and conditions
- The competition is open to all schools in the United Kingdom offering education Key Stages 1, 2, 3 and/or 4.
- A single prize is on offer consisting of musical instruments to the value of £5,000 and Thomas Cook holiday vouchers to the value of £1,500.
- The competition will end at 23.59 on 16 September 2012.
- There is one prize package on offer which consists of: (a) £5,000 worth of musical instruments for the winning school which will be supplied by Yamaha and Musicroom; and (ii) £1,500 of Thomas Cook holiday vouchers for the winning teacher (who must be over 18). The holiday vouchers will be purchased on behalf of and supplied to the winning teacher within 30 days of the date on which they were first contacted, and will be valid until the validity date marked on them.
- The musical instruments to be won are as follows: 1 x Gigmaker Drum set (in black) plus cymbals, 1 x Stagepas 300 Portable PA, 2 x C40ii Classical Guitars, 2 x F310 Acoustic Guitars, 1 x YDP-141 Digital Piano plus matching piano stool, £500 to spend on Yamaha orchestral instruments of the winner’s choice, 20 x music stands, 10 x PSR-E233 portable keyboards, and £250 worth of Musicroom gift vouchers.
- The winners will be notified by email and/or by phone within 2 weeks of competition closing. Their details will be published unless otherwise requested by the winning school and teacher.
- The prize is not transferable or exchangeable for cash or any other alternative prize.
- The winner will be selected by a panel made up of representatives of Musicroom, Yamaha and an independent judge.
- The Promoter who is operating the competition is Musicroom which is a trading name of Music In Print Ltd, registered in England No. 1250515. Registered Office: 14-15 Berners Street, London W1T 3LJ, UK.