New Films: Jingle All The Way
Director: Brian Levant. Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Rita Wilson, Phil Hartman (PG)
Saturday 07 December 1996
Like last year's far superior The Santa Clause, Jingle All the Way finds time to comment on the insecurities of modern parenthood (in his struggle to please his son, Schwarzenegger is up against a next-door neighbour who buys his kids a reindeer).
But it's a fraudulent picture, neither funny about the competitiveness of Christmas nor genuinely contemptuous of the behaviour it lampoons.
Review: Imaginative storytelling returns with vigourfilm
Bannatyne leaves Dragon's DenTV
Arts & Ents blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry ‘criticises Operation Yewtree in dinner party rant’ calling for tougher laws to deter false sex abuse allegations
- 2 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 3 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 4 L'Oreal cuts ties with Belgium supporter Axelle Despiegelaere after hunting trip photographs
- 5 War is war: Why I stand with Israel
Sustained immigration has not harmed Britons' employment, say government advisers
War is war: Why I stand with Israel
7/7 memorial defaced on anniversary of 2005 attacks with ‘Blair lied thousands died’ graffiti
Australia facing international condemnation after turning around Sri Lankans at sea
Even when it brutalises one of its own teenage citizens, America is helpless against Israel
Socialist Worker called to apologise over ‘vile’ article saying Eton schoolboy Horatio Chapple's death is ‘reason to save the polar bears’