Object Lesson: Bush Airwave Cordless Telephone
Sunday 14 February 1999
Well, with the Bush Airwave cordless telephone (pounds 49.99), this need never happen to you again. Cannily built into the back of the phone is a programmable seven-key universal remote control. A remote control which, by definition, cannot be mislaid when anyone calls - it rings, you see. The phone itself has the usual features: paging, redial, 150m range, noise reduction and gives you a full six hours of talktime.
It's available in yellow, white and green, and although it doesn't have the technically superior sound quality offered by the latest digital cordless phones, it uses the most recently released radio frequencies, which promise less likelihood of your neighbour using the same channel. And anyway, you've got eight channels to choose from. Available from Tandy, or call 01923 859 777 for stockists. David Phelan
Arts & Ents blogs
There is a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refle...
The opening titles squeal ‘Never Can Say Goodbye…’. Oh Lord how I wish I could heave this series off...
Even though there was a complete absence of our favourite odd couple Brienne and Jaime, we got anoth...
Coronation Street triumphs over EastEnders at British Soap Awards 2013
Man Of Tai Chi: Keanu Reeves' directorial debut 'a contemporary Kung Fu film' snapped up at Cannes
Hollywood practices random acts of red-carpet kindness
The Freemasons' Code: Dan Brown reveals the message that told him the door to the lodge is open
Cannes Film Festival 2013: And why exactly are vous here?
- 1 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 2 Mothers' diets may harm IQs in two-thirds of babies
- 3 Far-right French historian, 78-year-old Dominique Venner, commits suicide in Notre Dame in protest against gay marriage
- 4 Ingrid Loyau-Kennett, the mother-of-two hailed as a hero for confronting Woolwich attackers, thought: 'better me than a child'
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.