Saturday 15 June 1996
Now take a look at tomorrow's date. It's the 16th of June, 16.6.96, which works perfectly as a multiplication sum: 16 x 6= 96.
So no prizes for guessing this week's question. How many such dates are there in a century?
A Larousse Desk Reference Encyclopedia awaits a correct answer. Answers, by 26 June, to: Saturday Pastimes, the Independent, 1 Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5DL.
1 June answers:
Saturday Pastimes (masses data purity); The Independent (Pet Hen Intended); Canary Wharf (far ranch way).
Winner: Pete Bendal (Exmouth).
Arts & Ents blogs
Owen Howells is a DJ/producer who grew up in Australia but was born in the UK. He came back to the U...
Fancy seeing a play about serial killers? How about inviting a funeral director into your home for a...
There are a good many moments in the second episode of this psychological thriller that deserve refl...
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.